Augmented Empire: Cyberpunk Virtual Reality RPG
Upcoming game Augmented Empire, by the developers over at Coatsink, will be launching this July 13th on the Samsung Gear VR.
The upcoming indie game takes places on the island of New Savannah, a neo-noir city that is isolated and divided into three social tiers by the Citizen Grade system. The citizens deemed of high societal value live in bliss at the top of the social structure, while the dregs of society – criminals and outliers – live in the island’s depths.
The player must take control of six misfits in this world of have and have nots, and from the safety of your secluded hideout gamers must undertake missions throughout New Savannah. All while interacting with a world that is rendered as ‘augmented reality’, and trying to deal with this social injustice.
Features for the upcoming game include:
- Gamepad and Gear VR Controller support.
- 10+ hours of gameplay across 26 missions, combining exploration and turn-based action.
- Cyberpunk story featuring 6 upgradable characters and 60 environments.
- Full voice cast including:
- Kate Mulgrew ( Star Trek Voyager)
- Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz)
- Doug Cockle (The Witcher series)
- Garrick Hagon (Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, Horizon: Zero Dawn)
The upcoming game seems reminiscent of another indie favorite of mine, Invisible Inc, and looks to be like turn based fun for those of you who enjoyed similar types of games. Augmented Empire will be available to purchase on Samsung Gear VR on July 13th 2017 for $9.99, £7.99 and €9.99.
Please take a second to give us a follow on our twitter @TheSaveSpot1 or our instagram thesavespot. We’re a little gaming website that is trying to be like the little engine that could, but we can’t without your support.