Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Patch
A new patch is available for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and it brings some funny changes to the racing game, one of which will have racers re-thinking their racing strategies.
The most notable change for the Nintendo Switch racing game is the fact that you can no longer use an item after it was used to block a player’s attack. That said, think carefully on when you will use your item for it will be the only time in this scenario. On top of that, for those of you who are prone to falling behind the pack, more items will be handed out that are geared towards catching up should you fall behind others.
A full list of the patch notes can be found on the Nintendo site here, but for your convenience just take a look below:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Please take a second to give us a follow on our twitter @TheSaveSpot1 or our instagram thesavespot. We’re a little gaming website that is trying to be like the little engine that could, but we can’t without your support.